Thursday, March 8, 2012

St. Patricks Day wreath

Heres a cheap holiday project made from cereal boxes, glue, scrapbook paper and a dollar store wreath.

start with a wreath that looks like this


I spray painted it, because really its the easiest way to paint.
Then I went online and found a shamrock shape I liked and printed it off in 3 sizes, I ended up only using to bigger two.
Then I gathered up my green scrapbook paper
and boxes

open the bottom, and cut up one corner to flatten them out.
then I just traced and traced and traced, then cut out and out and out.

same thing with the scrapbook paper.
Then I used mod podge to glue the paper to the cardboard. Then I hot glued the cardboard to the wreath. To make the smaller ones stand up, I cut a strip of cardstock 3/4 in wide and folded into a box (like a box kite with 2 open ends) and hot glued the open box part to the back of the sharock, and the other open end to the top of the other shamrock. doing it this way makes it more stable and it wont fold flat.
Attach a ribbon, or just hang from the hanger, and there you go.





No comments:

Post a Comment