Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pallet Art

Pallets are easy to aquire, and most of the time free. I love reusing pallets!! FREE lumber!! I use them for tons of projects, I even built a sofa table out of them! Heres a fast dollar store project!
  I used the 1x6 and a 1x3 scrap to make the two blocks.
the hardest part is taking apart the pallet without breaking the boards, but this time I just cut it off
between the supports cause thats all I needed anyways. I sanded down just enough to get rid of the splinters, I wanted the old beaten up look.
I got this decal at dollar tree, they have a bunch to choose from in the craft section.


I used and old rag and some stain and rubbed it on the wood keeping it darker around the edges and lighter in the middle. I also burned the edges to make it really stand out. I let that dry.

I used my fleur de lis stamp and rolled on some beige paint, the board isnt totally flat, so it didnt go on even, which is fine, I wanted that look. Then I centered and pressed the decal on, ta dah! easy
This coast me only $1!!!!! but if you dont have the supplies on hand the stain is about $4 or you could paint, or leave natural, or just burn it, and the stamp with coupon is $4 at Michaels, and the decal is $1. still only $9 give or take a few.
I LOVE IT!! this took about an hour to make! happy pallet crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment